Support and Education
In Home Support
If you need In-Home Support services, please let your Resources Social Worker know and a referral package will be completed.
- Introductory and in-home support services for new foster parents
- A support worker to meet with regularly and to accompany you to school meetings, medical visits, or assessments
- A resource for more information about adoption or fostering
- Support navigating the MCFD and VACFSS systems
- Indigenous culture brought into the home
- Support designed around an inclusive foster care approach
BC Foster Care Education Program
This is a Mandatory Training that our program facilitates in the Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Region on behalf of MCFD and VACFSS.
This program consists of 53 hours of training on a range of topics, presented in 14 modules. It is recommended that the modules be taken in sequence to maximize the learning experience. Online training is also available for foster parents contracted with MCFD.
Caregivers can submit a Prior Learning Assessment to receive credits towards the completion of the BC Foster Parent Education Program based on previous education, training, employment and/or other previous learning opportunities.
Foster Support and Education Events
Every year we are pleased to provide events and gatherings that are for the whole family to enjoy. These include:
- Halloween Celebration
- Annual Holiday Party
- Winter Solstice Celebration
- Annual Summer BBQ
- National Indigenous People’s Day Friendship Walk to Trout Lake
Annual Stand Together Conference
“Learn Grow Connect Inspire”
In partnership with other community agencies, the Stand Together conference provides an opportunity for caregivers, social workers and other associated professionals to come together to gain knowledge, network with one another, and share experiences.
Foster Hub Website
We have created a centralized information hub for Foster Parents, Extended Families and professionals. The website provides information on:
- Protocol Support
- Referral Information
- Training Opportunities
- Community Events and Networking Opportunities
- Legislation changes and relevant news/updates
Please log onto: www.fosterhub.ca or call 1-877-926-1185