Counselling Services – Vancouver
We offer counselling to North Vancouver, West Vancouver and the surrounding Greater Vancouver area to individuals, couples and families.
Professional Counselling is helpful when your current support system is no longer able to help you address the problems in your daily life that impact your mental health and well-being. Our counselling team will work with you to help identify emotional challenges and create coping strategies for everyday life. Our counsellors can support you to deal with depression, anxiety, trauma, issues with relationships and communication, grief and loss, and other mental health conditions.
When to seek Counselling Services
A counsellor will work one on one with you to address various mental health challenges impacting your day-to-day life. The following are examples of mental health challenges that can be addressed in individual counselling:
- Anxiety & Stress
- Grief & Loss
- Trauma (PTSD)
- Substance Abuse
- Relationship & Marriage conflict
- Family Transitions (Separation or Divorce)
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity
- Parenting Children with Special Needs
- Parenting issues
- Family Dynamics
- Parent-Teen Mediation
- Caregiver Stress
Our Registered Clinical Counsellors, located in Vancouver, have completed specific clinical trainings (see counsellor bios) to support you in adopting more effective ways of thinking about and responding to problems and experiences you have in your life. Our counselling team will work with you to understand the challenges in your facing and create adequate coping strategies.
About our Vancouver Counselling Services
Hollyburn counsellors work to strengthen relationships, improve communications, reduce family conflict, and promote resilience.
- We have been leaders within the community and have been serving Greater Vancouver for over 30 years. Read more about us
- We offer counselling services in multiple languages including: Cantonese, Mandarin, Farsi, Turkish, French, Slovak, Czech. Read our counsellor bios
- We are in the heart of North Vancouver and easily accessible for those commuting from Vancouver. Within walking distance of the Seabus from Downtown Vancouver, and close to many transit lines.
We work with individuals, couples and families to find solutions to common problems that occur across the lifespan. Some examples of the people and problems we work with include:
- Individuals coping with anxiety, depression, trauma, loss, addiction and major life transitions
- Couples who find themselves at a crossroads in their relationship and want support to mediate recurring disputes
- Families adjusting to life after separation, single parenting and blended families
- Parents of young adults who face difficult challenges with career, education, or drug & alcohol use
We offer professional counselling services from our offices at 104-267 Esplanade W, North Vancouver. We are walking distance from the Seabus from downtown Vancouver and on multiple transit routes. If you are unable to attend in-person counselling at our Vancouver offices, we provide online counselling services via secure video counselling platforms.